Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Bacon Mushroom Swiss Turkey Burger



There is something perfect about a burger...
There just is.
There are those days (especially for us girls) that mother nature DEMANDS you have a burger.
I bought some frozen Butterball turkey burgers because I had a coupon.
It's how I roll I heated some olive oil in my cast iron and dropped some sliced raw onions, 2 slices of bacon, and the burger.
I covered it.
The steam from having it covered helps the burger cook through.
There is nothing sexy about medium rare turkey.
Flipped it once and added some fresh sliced mushrooms (whatever your preference, I used baby bellas) Dont keep fiddling with it.
Just let it do its thing.
The onions will carmelize and the shrooms will soften.
Just before it is completely done, put your bun in the skillet and top the burger with the swiss cheese and cover it back up.
The buns will toast and steam and the same time and you will thank thank thank me....

No comments:

Post a Comment